Sunday, April 27, 2014

Three Days of Debauchery- Denton Arts and Jazz Festival

As a former Dentonite, I take much pride in attending the Denton Art's and Jazz Festival every year. It's like North Texas' answer to Coachella, only with kids from 3 to 93. Literally. As usual, this year was full of fun, food, drinks, debauchery and art. Lots of art. Naturally, I was not far behind capturing this day with my trusty sidekick camera that I believe deserves a name at this point. What I truly enjoyed capturing at this event were the people. The art does not remain solely on the canvas, but pervades the environment with such inspiration and tenacity that it is most evident in the faces of those around. I took a ton of pictures so let's tentatively call this part one of the D.A.J. experience. Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 The day started off pretty tame enough. I mean, a violin, guys? Class in it's purest form. This was taken in the atrium where much of the canvas work was displayed.
I thought this painting was gorgeous. This artist displayed highly textured oil paintings that were just amazing. I love how the light highlights it perfectly. Yeah, that was all me. About as much talent as I could lend to a canvas today.

 This was one of my favorites shots of the day. I brought along my 18-200 lens which allowed me the chance to get all up in her business without her even noticing. The reflection of the crowd in her glasses was just icing on the cake. Just lovely.

 "Too ugly to prostitute, too honest to steal."
 I'm fairly certain that this person was not dead, though I can't say I checked. Such a New York thing of me to do. Nothing to see here folks!
I love the way that the printed tops of the girls in the background highlight the backdrop of this image.
 Boozin' and groovin'. What more can you ask for?



 The cuteness of these clowns cannot even be fully appreciated through this image.

 Just a man and his guitar. Ironically enough, he didn't play a single chord the entire time. Maybe a ploy to pick up the ladies?
  All the cops in Denton County couldn't stop this group from enjoying a little mile high madness. Lighters up!
 This guy was just amazing to look at. Simply gratuitous.
 Most people just look away when this happens. Me? I just zoooooom in. By the way, I happen to know this couple. Not sure if that makes it more or less weird. Ehh.
What good is an art festival if you can't take off your shirt and show off your ink. *disclaimer* my shirt remained on the entire time. Just saying.
The day ended for this girl at about 5 p.m.in a pile of her own vomit. I'm not mad. I did slightly darken her face as to make her a little less recognizable. You're welcome.


No comments:

Post a Comment