Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Deep in the Heart of Texas


There are few things more "Texan" than a photo session in the bluebonnets. Usually, locals and tourists alike line up on the side of highways and snap a quick pic, but this weekend was full of mini-sessions to celebrate this Springtime tradition. I absolutely love shooting in natural light, so I was obviously thrilled when the sun decided to show up and light up the pasture hill of Zion Cemetery. Yes. Cemetery. I had lots of laughs explaining the seemingly macabre location to clients, but the pictures speak for themselves! When photographing children especially, I try not to overthink or plan the photos and instead try to capture the light-heartedness that only a child in a field of flowers can possess.The kids and the kids at heart all had a great time, as did I capturing these wonderful moments. Enjoy!

This little lady deciding how old she is going to tell me she is today. The beautiful skies we had Saturday made for a dramatically refreshing backdrop for this doll. She even brought her dog BJ to get in on the pics with her, but he decided that he would rather nap instead!

I had a chance to capture those beautiful blue eyes just moments before he fell asleep standing! Brings a whole new meaning to the dog days of summer.

This was my second time shooting this little angel so I was very much prepared to run, and run fast! Not yet two, she has the personality of a superstar and the daredevil tendencies of a young Annie Oakley. The world is her playground!

Her brother was able to join in this time and brought so much personality to the shoot! For a first grader, he sure knows his angles and was super sweet with his baby sister, which led to me capturing this priceless image.
He absolutely loved showing me all the different expressions that he could do. He is ridiculously photogenic and even told me where I could get a pair of cowboy like the ones he had on!
This amazing bunch here came with camera ready smiles as they knew that the sooner we got the shot, the sooner they could take off and play! The boys will have a hard time making it through these three to get to the little diva in the back!
These handsome boys did an awesome job and celebrated the end of the shoot with a little tree action. Talent in it's rawest form! This candid shot truly captures the fun that they brought to the set that day!
 The hills are alive! That is the first thing that comes to mind when I see this vision traipsing through the fields. Such a lovely girl! Fret not, guys! I promise it is just an old myth that picking bluebonnets are against the law, though I'm sure even if it was, they would have a hard time prosecuting that face!
There is absolutely nothing cuter than a baby in a basket. I know it. You know it. The world knows it. This little angel will be running around with her big sister in absolutely no time!
 
It was such a pleasure working with this fabulous bunch. Until next time, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment