Monday, February 17, 2014

Eat. Dessert. First.

 
 
 
Happiness, you sneaky thing. You've been right here all along! At many points in my journey, I've felt as if happiness is as elusive as a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. It's one of those things that I can find in hindsight, though I may have missed it in the moment. The past few days have been such a time of reflection for me. The seasons are changing right before my very eyes, yet I don't want to miss a thing. This blog has marked a change of seasons for me on a very real level, both professionally and spiritually. It's my way of ensuring myself that I will take time and reflect, enjoy every step of this journey and chronicle the beauty of change that is taking place in my life. Change can be a little scary, or a lot scary, especially to someone like myself who is very much a planner. I had a five year plan, a ten year plan. Heck, I probably could come up with a thirty year plan if you gave me five more minutes, but that's not what life is all about. For me it's about reconciling my passions and talents in a way that allows me to live life freely and extravagantly. I will wear my most ridiculous shoes just because they make me smile. I will eat my dessert first. Why yes, I will have another glass of wine! I will dance to the music in my head even if it brings strange looks because we only have one chance. There is no tomorrow, there is only today. Today I am choosing to dance in the rain, even if I am dancing alone. We all have a choice to make my friends. What is yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment