Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Balloons, and Bows, and Babes, Oh My!

 
When shooting with an 18 month old in a  crowded park, I have one word of advice. Run! Run fast, run hard, and when in doubt, run faster. One of my favorite things about photographing children is that you never know what might happen. For example, right after the above shot was captured, this little doll baby decided that it was time for a dip. With the effortless style of a modern day Grace Kelly, the courage of an Olympic diver, and the courage of a champion, she dove right into that fountain! Needless to say, this turned out to be an amazing shoot! You definitely have to do work to get good shots when your target is on the move, but I did my best to make it fun. I came armed with balloons and bubbles; anything that might catch her attention long enough so that I could snap away. The 18-200mm lens also came in handy since it allowed me a ton of range. I thought it important not to edit the photo to death, but to let the memory of that day remain intact in all the photos that we captured. Undoubtedly, one day in the future, this little superstar will hear all about the day she swan dived into the water fountain, and I want the pictures to be a part of that story. Isn't that what it's all about? Enjoy!
 









No comments:

Post a Comment